13617 Annapolis Road
Class Locations - The Bowie studio is located to the rear of Colonial Village Shopping Center behind Cetrone's Pizza. We also offer martial arts classes through many recreation facilities in Montgomery and Prince George's Counties. Please contact those facilities or contact the main studio for current class schedules.
Class Sign Up - Our youth and adult classes at the Bowie Studio are ongoing, so students may join at any time. Check our schedule of classes to find a class that fits your skill level. If you need additional information, please contact the Bowie studio.
Introductory Lesson - Before entering regular classes, all new students must contact the Bowie studio to schedule an Introductory lesson. This lesson provides materials to prepare students for their first group class. We offer these on Monday's at 5:00 or Saturday's at 10:00. The cost is $20 and includes a uniform.
1. Pee-Wees (Ages 4 to 6) - An active, fun class offered twice a week for a half hour. The class emphasizes coordination, flexibility, listening skills, and self defense. Once students attain the level of green belt, they can move into the youth class. (See curriculum for belt ranks.)
2. Youth Class (Ages 7 to 12) - Youth students may participate in any youth class class offered each week. All youth students begin with no belt rank. Once they have demonstrated an understanding of the basic skills, they will earn a white belt. Students then earn a red stripe for each area of the curriculum that is exam ready. Once all red stripes are attained, an exam will be scheduled. (See curriculum for belt ranks.)
3. Parent/Child (All age groups) - Parents and children are encouraged to attend together.
4. Adult Class (13 and older) - All students who are 13 and older may attend any adult class offered each week. Adult students follow the same belt and exam procedure as the youth students.
5. Weapons Class (Tuesdays 6:00 to 6:30 p.m.) - **unlimited class fee required to attend this class**
For each weapon, students will learn basic skills of blocking and striking as well as a beginner form. These are consecutive classes and should be taken in succession. Students can bring their own weapons or a weapon will be provided.
7. 1st Brown Class (Fridays 7:30 - 8:15 p.m.) -**unlimited class fee required to attend this class**
This class is designed for the student who is at the final step before black belt. All material that a student will be tested on will be covered in this class.
8. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (Thursdays 8:00-9:30 and Saturday, 3:30-5:00) - This class is for beginners through advanced who are 13 and older. Taught by Paul Greenhill.